Changing the colour of your walls is a great way of updating the look of your home.
Try Dulux smooth Luxurious Silk Matt – it is ideal for busy areas of your home because of its hardwearing wipe-clean formula, allowing you to wipe away spills and dirt easily, keeping that ‘just painted’ look for longer.
If you’re going the wallpaper route, here are a few tips to get it right first time…
- Remember that a vertical pattern makes a room look taller, a horizontal pattern makes it look wider and a smaller design creates the illusion of space too.
- Roll the wallpaper out and lay it flat 24 hours before installation.
- Make sure your surface is flat, smooth, clean, porous-free, dry, moisture resistant, primed and damp proof. (If not, Dulux may be able to offer a paint to help!)
- Allow an extra 50mm at the top and bottom when cutting and make sure the pattern matches up to the previous length.
- Draw a ‘t’ at the top of each length as a reminder as to which side is which!